• 15. 5 oz. canned, no-salt-added or lower-sodium
chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
• 1 cup chopped, fresh tomatoes (any type)
• 1 cucumber, chopped
• 2 stalk celery, chopped
• ¼ small red or yellow onion, sliced
• ½ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
• 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola
• ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
• ½ tsp. ground cumin
• ¼ tsp. sweet paprika
1. Add all the ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Stir to combine and serve.
Cooking Tips: Cilantro stems and celery leaves have a
ton of flavor! So go ahead and chop them up for the salad.
Grocery Tips: Cherry or grape tomatoes are usually
more expensive than other tomatoes. However, sometimes
they go on sale, so always check.
Recipe copyright © 2017 American Heart Association. This recipe is
brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking
with Heart® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes,
Chickpea Salad with
Tomatoes and Cucumber
Nutritional Analysis Per serving
Calories Per Serving 168
Total Fat 4. 5 g
Saturated 0.5 g
Trans 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated 0.5 g
Monounsaturated 2. 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 48 mg
Carbohydrates 25 g
Fiber 6 g
Protein 7 g
Serves: 4 | Calories: 168 | Sodium: 48 mg | Cost Per Serving: $1.45
WATCH A VIDEO OF THIS RECIPE
This American Simple Cooking with Heart recipe is a terrific vegetable side
dish that goes well with just about any main dish you are serving. Or this
can be your main dish for a meatless meal or when you want a light meal.